Entrepreneurial team building and leadership are vital to reach a consensus on the identification of new business opportunities. Course participants form teams, leaders emerge, and receive guidance from proven entrepreneurs and prospective investors to explore new venture ideas worthy of funding. Particular emphasis is placed on sharing the concepts, tools, software, and methods involved in making product/service choices, as well as to obtaining funding for new ventures. No textbook will be required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create teams to assess and develop new business models
- Differentiate between ideas and actual opportunities for new ventures
- Use venture feasibility analysis to determine the sustainability a new venture
- Learn what it takes to lead a new venture
- Share best practices in how to overcome challenges in launching a new venture led by women and/or minorities.