Offered Fall term only
Fall 2020 Professional Development classes will be held virtually with real-time teacher delivery and interaction.
PLEASE NOTE: A flex class has been added at the end of the course. The additional class has been added to make up for a possible class cancellation due to a campus closure.
Whether you are experienced at social media, or brand new this course will provide you with the skills to build your community, develop strategy, create engaging content, implement a marketing campaign, and measure your social media analytics. After completion of the program, you will have the knowledge to develop your own social marketing campaign.
You will learn to:
- leverage personal social media experience professionally
- provide a consistent identity across channels
- determine which social media channels work best as part of an overall strategy
- think strategically and adjust plans to changes in the community conversation
- explore the importance of video, images, memes, and infographics across channels
- understand the value of mobile
- identify key performance indicators and build reports from them
- analyze social media strategy and determine its effectiveness
- use measurement, analytics and paid options
- integrate old and new media tools into an overall communications campaign and strategy