This eight-week course provides a pertinent overview of key aspects of a successful wine operation in today’s marketplace, while considering future prospects and opportunities. Students will learn from the same materials and resources current operating wineries consider daily, including: regulations, production options, distribution, sales and marketing techniques and successful business perspectives.
- Understand business issues associated with viticulture, enology, production, marketing, distribution, and points of sale.
- Evaluate alternative approaches associated with those issues.
- Calculate costs across all of the component areas.
- Evaluate the contribution of the component areas to the value of a wine product.
- Expand on the understanding of distribution and regulatory issues to include the international wine market.
- Assess the internal environment, identifying the opportunities and threats to a wine business.
- Evaluate a SWOT analysis and drab a plan for going to market with a new wine business product.
- Plan for and consider future wine markets and alternative channels of wine commerce.