This eight-week course provides a per3nent overview of key aspects of a successful wine opera3on in today’s marketplace, while considering future prospects and opportuni3es. Students will learn from the same materials and resources current opera3ng wineries consider daily, including; regula3ons, produc3on op3ons, distribu3on, sales and marke3ng techniques and successful business perspectives.
1. Understand business issues associated with vi3culture, enology, produc3on, marke3ng, distribu3on, and points of sale.
2. Evaluate alterna3ve approaches associated with those issues.
3. Calculate costs across all of the component areas.
4. Evaluate the contribu3on of the component areas to the value of a wine product.
5. Expand on the understanding of distribu3on and regulatory issues to include the interna3onal wine market.
6. Assess the internal environment, iden3fying the opportuni3es and threats to a wine business.
7. Evaluate a SWOT analysis and drab a plan for going to market with a new wine business product.
8. Plan for and consider future wine markets and alterna3ve channels of wine commerce.